Briarbend is lucky to have access to a
small city park, tucked along the banks of
the Buffalo Bayou. Located on the north
end of the neighborhood, Briarbend Park
was originally privately owned by the
neighborhood, but was donated to the
City of Houston in the 1970's. The City
maintains the park on a regular basis
and Briarbend continues to invest in
enhancing the park.
Park Hours: Daily, from Dawn to Dusk
- Track: A gravel track runs around the outer edge
of the park that is great for jogging or walking.
- Gazebo: A wooden, open-air gazebo resides in
the middle of the park. Great for parties or just
relaxing in the shade.
- Play Equipment: A fenced-in area houses an
updated play structure perfect for young children
with soft wood chips on the ground to cushion
- Swings: Swing sets are available for children of all
ages and abilities.
- Field: A large field is available for just about any
type of outdoor activity.
- Picnic Tables: Tables and benches are dotted
around the park.
- Trails: Access is available to Buffalo Bayou from
the park where there are numerous hiking trails to
The playground equipment is new and specially designed for young children. The
park is often used for various neighborhood events throughout the year. Briarbend
Park provides ample space for picnics, walks and sports activities. It is also the only
public park between the upper and lower sections of the Buffalo Bayou, providing
access to trails and water activities.
|Briarbend Community Improvement Association - P.O. Box 572836 Houston, TX 77257-2836
Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved - Site Disclaimer